Since I went to the trouble of spelling out how to integrate ActiveCampaign with the Rainmaker Platform, I thought I might as well go the full hog for those non-Rainmaker people and show you how to integrate an ActiveCampaign form with the Genesis eNews Extended Plugin.
The steps are fairly straightforward:
- Install the Genesis eNews Extended plugin on your wordpress site;
- Create a form in ActiveCampaign;
- Copy the necessary details and hidden fields;
- Place that data into the eNews widget fields;
- Place your eNews Widget;
- Test it;
- Say hooray if it works.
Install the Genesis eNews Extended Plugin
Not a lot to say here – head over here, download the plugin, and install it in the usual way by going to “Plugins –> Add New –> Upload” and selecting the plugin in question.
Um… that's all.
Create a Form in ActiveCampaign
OK so I'm not big on repeating publicly available information.
You can follow these instructions here to create a form.
The eNews plugin will honour the double optin and redirect settings that you use for your form, so make sure you set your optin email, confirmation links and automations inside ActiveCampaign before using the form.
Once you've done that though, you want to head to the “integrate form” section and you'll see the below – you want to cut and paste the bits I've highlighted into notepad or some other text only editor:
Copy the Necessary Bits and Pieces
Basically you need to copy:
- the URL that provides your form's process (which will go into the “action” section of the widget)
- the relevant hidden fields (which will go, surprisingly, into the hidden fields section)
- the email, firstname and lastname fields (which, unless you muck around, are probably going to be “email”, “firstname” and “lastname” respectively)
A note: some people have indicated that the whole “proc.php” thing is a problem. I'm sure there's a technical reason that it might be, but I've not had any problems with it myself.
If you have a poke around inside the information you cut and paste into notepad, here is what you're looking for:
Chuck that Data Into your eNews Widget
I've explained it already, but here's what it looks like when you put the highlighted fields into the Genesis eNews widget:
Place your eNews Widget
So you just need to now put your eNews widget somewhere inside Appearance –> Widgets –> [sidebar or whatever].
Usual suspects include: your primary sidebar, and the “after entry” widget.
Test it, for Goodness Sake
Test it and make sure everything's working as expected.
Want to test mine instead? Subscribe using the form below!
PS – if it works, don't forget to say hooray.